thompsonThere seem to be a rumor around that Nicollette was the last minute replacement for Emma Thompson’s character on the Harry Potter saga: Sybill Trelawney.

Even if there’s no official confirmation on this, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows is already on post-production so we would have heard something of her days on the set. And I’ve been told the character was written out of the movie when Emma dropped the project to do the Nanny McPhee sequel.

So far, no Nicollette on the big screen and no Nicollette using her beautiful British accent.

Picture credit: Harry Potter @ UGO

Posted by Caro under News Tags: , Comments #10

Comment by Lilleby on December 22nd, 2009 @ 6:01 pm

The filming of Deathly Hallows stops in May, so it’s still possible… (:

Comment by Caro on December 22nd, 2009 @ 8:27 pm

But the first part is already on post-production and she’s listen nowhere expect Wikipedia. Being Harry Potter we would have heard something already. I’m taking it with a graint of salt

Comment by Lilleby on December 22nd, 2009 @ 11:35 pm

Well, since they are filming both parts at the same time, and don’t even know when the movies are to be split, you can’t really say that the first part is on post-production (although IMDB says so, but as producer David Heyman said, it’s not true).
As much as I want to see Nicollette Sheridan as Trelawney in the final battle (in part II), I’m taking it with a graint of salt too(:

Comment by Caro on December 23rd, 2009 @ 9:46 am

IMDB has it as post-production, otherwise I have no way to know ;)

But we’re talking about a high profile movie and a well known actress, Emma dropped on 2008 and filming started in February 2009, we would have heard something by now from different medias and it’s only wikipedia who has it. Basically it’s putting 2 and 2 together. There’s no way she’s in a movie like Harry Potter and no one knows about it.

Comment by Lilleby on December 23rd, 2009 @ 10:39 am

http://www.nicollettesheridan.org <– this is where I read it(:

I think you are right, but it is noted that casting isn't done yet(:

Comment by Caro on December 23rd, 2009 @ 2:33 pm

I know that’s the source, but it has no affiliation with Nicollette and they’re not giving any other source where the information came from. Unless she is on the second part, the first part finished filming on October.
I’m gonna try contact a reliable source and see if i can find out for once if it’s real or not :)

Comment by Lilleby on December 23rd, 2009 @ 5:07 pm

Trelawney is only in the second part – and she’s only briefly mentioned in the book(:
But it’s not a fact that part 1 is finished – both parts are filmed at the same time and the filming doesn’t stop until May(:

While I think it’s unlikely, I would love to see her as Trelawney(x

Comment by Caro on December 23rd, 2009 @ 7:27 pm

I can’t really talk about HP cos I haven’t read the books or watched the movies, I’ve just been gathering information since I found out about this. But I don’t get why is listed as in post-production if they’re not done filming yet.

I’d love to see her.Wherever, even if it’s a show I don’t like haha

Comment by Lilleby on December 24th, 2009 @ 12:18 am

It’s listed as post-production by a mistake – or by someone who didn’t know it’s being filmed at the moment. Remember, everyone with a pay-account can change these things(:

Here I’m just hoping for a believable source to confirm it, she could do the part justice (and, to be honest, she’s deserves better, as Trelawney only appears in one line – but that might change in the movie?).

Great site, by the way(:

Comment by Caro on December 24th, 2009 @ 9:03 am

I knew about the paid account but I thought only people related to those movies could change that kind of things. I keep investigating.

Glad you like the site :)